Does your organisation want to do more hands-on work with climate security? adelphi, the Berlin-based think tank that runs the CSEN Secretariat, has developed a ready-to-use, modular climate security training programme. Participants will learn to better assess climate-security risks, increase capacities to integrate these risks into programming, and enhance action to address these risks on the ground.
Who is it for?
The programme is designed for:
- researchers and analysts
- international organization staff
- private companies
We have already carried out trainings for the UN Environment Programme (UNEP), the European External Action Service (EEAS), and the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung, among others. Want to do a training online? No problem. The tools and experience for it are ready to use.
What's in a training?
Participants address several questions:
- What are the security impacts of climate change, which risks emerge, and which regions are most affected?
- Which policy processes exist at the UN and other international and regional levels? What are national approaches to climate diplomacy?
- What are entry points for policies, interventions, projects and programs to respond to security risks with concrete, preventive action?
- Which tools exist to analyse conflicts and design responses?
What do participants get?
- a selection of 20+ training modules, consisting of presentations, group work, and simulation games, all tailored to their knowledge level and their organization's objectives
- a seminar handbook with more exercises and reports on subjects from water and land to climate-induced migration
- case studies from around the world and useful inforgraphics
- the chance to work closely with climate security experts from around the world