Does your organisation want to do more hands-on work with climate security? adelphi, the Berlin-based think tank that runs the CSEN Secretariat, has developed a ready-to-use, modular climate security training programme for groups. Participants will learn to better assess climate-security risks, increase capacities to integrate these risks into programming, and enhance action to address these risks on the ground.
Who is it for?
Groups and organisations can book our trainings, specifically they are designed for:
- researchers and analysts
- international organization staff
- private companies
We have already carried out trainings for the UN Environment Programme (UNEP), the European External Action Service (EEAS), and the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung, among others. We are experienced in conducting online trainings and offer a range of tools and exercises for remote trainings.
What's in a training?
Participants address several questions:
- What are the security impacts of climate change, which risks emerge, and which regions are most affected?
- Which policy processes exist at the UN and other international and regional levels? What are national approaches to climate diplomacy?
- What are entry points for policies, interventions, projects and programs to respond to security risks with concrete, preventive action?
- Which tools exist to analyse conflicts and design responses?
What do you get?
- a selection of 20+ training modules, consisting of presentations, group work, and simulation games, all tailored to their knowledge level and their organization's objectives
- a seminar handbook with more exercises and reports on subjects from water and land to climate-induced migration
- case studies from around the world and useful infographics
How can I learn more?
Looking for a self-paced training?
The Handbook on Climate Change and Security is a compilation of introductory texts, key literature and reflection questions in the field of climate change and security. It addresses: